Tuesday 19 October 2010

A Catch-up!

Apologies. It has been too long... But it is only now that I am lying on a beach and sufficiently recovered that I feel the urge to put finger to blackberry and fill you in on the past month. It has been a bit nuts to say the least. We started with Handsome’s 40th birthday party which he shared with his twin bro. We decided to recapture their youth and throw an old skool house party in their family home in Holland Park. Dan Williams DJ'd and frankly brought the house down with his 80's mixes and 70's funk and at some point in the early hours the council took it upon themselves to pay us a visit... Nothing changes! Everyone was on great form with some rocking outfits and dancing into the wee hours. Mum is now best buddies with Jade Jagger and Amiee and I left for Paris with no voices and major hangovers!

The Paris show at RMO showroom was 2 weeks of full on fashwani. I am pretty fluent now. I realised that I had graduated to a whole new level when I heard myself telling my friend Olivia that I was 'really driven by trousers right now'. I kid you not- shoot me now...

The Showroom in Paris 


The best thing about the trip was our uber chic little Parisian apartment that we rented for the duration. High ceilings and multiple fireplaces- it was so, so lovely to come home every night, open a bottle of red and invite round our fellow fashion refugees. Much smoking and drinking as is the want in Paris and some serious giggling to boot. We managed to haul ourselves to a couple of soirees but the mood was mellow and that was perfectly fine with us!

I did manage a little shopping of course- my major find being a pair of Mugler shorts from 1988 from the wonderful Delphine Pariente.

Delphine Pariente

We arrived back in London in the nick of time for our SS11 Look Book shoot. Now I have to put my hands up here and say that I had NOTHING to do with the execution of this happening. My hat comes off to our wonderful Bernie who arranged it all with her typical finesse and it was fabulous! Grandfather was - as usual doing our styling despite that fact that her baby Oscar is only 6 weeks old! I don't know how she did it but she did and it was great! Oscar also enjoyed his first photo shoot and we took it in turns to cuddle him whilst Grandfather worked her magic. I should also mention that our fabulous model Jo had only been modelling for a month when we found her. A super in the making!

Pass the baby! Our model Jo has a go!

It is always so wonderful as a designer to see it all come together as a collection with a point of view and I am very, very proud. A huge thank you to the talented team that made it happen - Dan Pothecary on camera, Amanda Grossman on makeup, Grandfather on styling, Louis Byrne on hair, Jo and Bernie who really, really pulled it out the bag. It was a really fun day and a great time was had by all. Big shout out to Team Berman!

Handsome Dan Pothecary our Photographer

In action!

Editing the shoot



No comments:

Post a Comment